jasonderoga86: The O.G. Lil' Hero Artist (Default)
[personal profile] jasonderoga86
Hey Dreamwidth Family, 

There's been an update on the passing of beloved actress Daveigh Chase, who left us back on June 16th at the age of 35. Chase was best known for her portrayal of Lilo Pelekai of Disney's Lilo & Stitch franchise, as well as playing the star roles in the Miyazaki classic Spirited Away and the American remake of the Japanese horror film, The Ring

I wrote about how this tragedy struck a chord with me in a previous article,
which can be found here. But there's been an update on what Daveigh Chase actually died of, and it really troubles me. 

According to an article on ABC7 News' website, Daveigh Chase's cause of death was confirmed by the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner's Office to be AIDS

Given that we're coming to end of Pride Month, and how the LGBTQIA+ community has historically been scapegoated for the spread of AIDS and how the Stonewall Riots were the reckoning for anti-LGBTQIA+ bigots in government and law enforcement... this just puts the whole thing in a new perspective. AIDS can get anyone who isn't careful, there is no cultural vector for it. The stigmatization had died down a bit, but there is still much more progress to be made. 

Also, I could've sworn I saw a photo of Daveigh Chase with Sean "Diddy" Combs and another celebrity when I first read of her passing weeks ago. Given the illicit things Combs was dealing in, I can only hope poor Chase's decline wasn't partially tied to this photo; her surviving partner explained that Chase had faced a lot of childhood trauma and bullying through her youth. 

Rest in peace and power, Lilo. 'Ohana. πŸŒΉπŸ™πŸΎπŸ•ŠοΈ

July 2026

S M T W T F S
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 

Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 29th, 2026 10:48 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios